1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups half-and-half ( I used heavy whipping cream)
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 pound fresh broccoli ( florets only)
1 cup carrots
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon pepper
8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- Saute onions in a little butter in a small pan – set aside.
- In a large stockpot – melt butter. Add flour and mix for 3 minutes.
- Slowly add half- half – mixing the entire time.
- Slowly add chicken stock- mixing the entire time.
- Let simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Add broccoli, carrots; onions and cook on low for 25 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper; nutmeg.
- Place soup in a blender or use an immersion blender and puree.
- Heat soup over low heat and add cheese and mix till melted.
- Serve in a bread bowl.
Huge Thanks to www.budgetsavvydiva.com for this beyond delicious soup recipe!!!
Enjoy this deliciousness!!!
1 cup cooked ham diced fine
2 cups spinach chopped roughly
8 ounces cream cheese
24 mushrooms stems removed
1 tbsp sherry
- Whip cream cheese with a mixer until creamy
- Mince enough mushroom stems to make half a cup
- Fry mushrooms in olive oil until they begin to lose water
- add spinach and ham and cook until spinach wilts
- Mix with cream cheese and add sherry
- Season with salt and pepper
- Spoon the filling into the mushroom caps on a baking tray
- Refrigerate for three hours
- Bake in an oven at 350 degrees until mushrooms are cooked, about 15 minutes.
Please feel free to leave a common….
I love trying to make exact recipes from the restaurants, here is one of the recipes that we had for dinner!!!
Pound steak to flatten. Cut steak into 2 inch strips. Roll in flour, salt, and pepper. Add olive oil to hot frying pan; brown meat on both sides. Reduce heat to simmer;
add herbs and 1/2 cup water and steam for 20 minutes. Add remaining water, wine, and mushrooms and cook 20 minutes more, or until tender. Check periodically, adding more water if needed. Remove meat from pan and add 1 to 2 tablespoons flour if necessary to thicken gravy.
Serve with rice or noodles.
All credits for this recipe goes to www.copykat.com!!!
Here is what we had for dinner tonight…..a yummy simply delicious dinner meal, that put a smile on our faces =)))
1/2 lb mushrooms
2 garlic cloves
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 1/2 cream
2 tbs fresh dill
2 tbs flour
- Start by cutting up mushrooms and finely chop onion and garlic cloves.
- Heat up a pan and saute mushrooms, onion and garlic in olive oil until the mushroom starts to golden and the onion is soft.
- Add flour and sauce for 1 min.
- Add chicken stock, cream and chopped fresh dill.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
This mushroom sauce will go perfectly with rice and any pasta.
1 (15 ounce) can canned chicken (cooked and diced) or 2 chicken breasts (cooked and diced)
1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, low fat is OK
4 -6 green onions, diced
6 -8 small flour tortillas (6-inch)
4 -6 cups cooking oil, for frying
- Let cream cheese come to room temperature.
- Drain the canned chicken.
- Mix cream cheese, green chiles, green onion and chicken until well blended.
- Cut two sides of the tortillas so you have two straight sides on each side.
- Spread chicken mixture thinly on 3/4 of the tortilla. Roll tortilla up starting with the end you spread the chicken mixture on. Seal the plain end with water.
- Heat oil to about 375-400 degrees. Drop burritos into hot oil and fry for about 2 minutes. Keep turning so they fry evenly. When they start to turn golden, they are done. Drain on a paper plate covered with a paper towel.
- These are so easy and goes great with Salsa, guacamole, or ranch dressing.
These are really good with Thousand Island Dressing!!! =)
My source of this yummy recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/amigos-crisp-chicken-burritos-168590